Here's an update on our meeting, and some additional notes from another.
1. We have a date to present to the Cooperative Extension system through eXtension on The LiveAbility House on November 19. Presenters include Deb and larry H and Sarah and LuAnn.
2. SLuAnn is working on the kiosks and drop box. We discussed needs for accessibility for the mailbox. Since then, Sarah has shared those and LuAnn and i are to meet to get this in place.
3. We are palnning no "open house" or any type of grnad opening for the house. instead, luAnn will post a sign that says group tours are avaialble and who to contact for same.
4. LuAnn did not think AgrAbility had any presence in SL--that it might be another platform.
5. We discussed the plans for the book chapter at length. LuAnn has requirements due to a personal project that she has; she will outline and work on the chapter as an eXtension project, rather than the LiveAbility House, although TLH will be mentioned in the chapter as the first eXtension project.
Notes from a meeting between Deb and Sarah
Sarah and I met October 1 and discussed next steps for the LiveAbility House--how can we best use it and get it in the hands of agents? Each of us agreed to chat with 4-5 agents in our states and ask them for ideas and feedback. meanwhile, we discussed moving forward with the online course--which would serve dual purposes, as we also envision it as an on-the-ground program for agents.
Our vision is to create a pilot, using specific scenarios. We will have facilitator questions and short machinimas, as long as factual information. Sarah and I are to both sketch out our ideas and we will get back together and compare notes. We plan on using traumatic brain injury as our first scenario, as this is in line with another one of Deb's projects and we may have some money to support the work.
We also talked about presentations and journal articles. Sarah is thinking that a presentation to Housing educators next year in Fall, in Oregon, would be well-received. She also brought up the idea of a journal article for Housing and Society. As we should have our data collection 'mailbox" up in SL soon, we should have some data to report on in the next year--as well as sharing project development information. Sarah will share information about the journal and we will begin thinking how to approach this.